Just this night I battled with several hack attempts on one of my google account. The main intent of the hacker was to have access to my adsense account which I just got few days ago.
See the login attempts below:
I have 2 way verification method, my email and phone number. I got the security alert that my password has just been changed by an unknown person.
I was so lucky to have been online at the moment, so I changed the password again using recovery method
Few seconds later he changed it again… This went on and on for close to an hour
Finally I saw a back door were he used to enter into my account even with my 2 way verification method intact.
That back door was through one of the authorised devices.
What I did
- I quickly logged in with the new login details, click
- Clicked https://myaccount.google.com/security-checkup
- Clicked “your devices”
- Clicked Don’t recognize a device?
- Clicked change password from the popup window
- I changed my password and finally all devices that the hacker used to have access to the account got disconected