SOYA MILK PRODUCTION BUSINESS
|Name of sector profiled||Food, Beverages and Tobacco|
|Major product/by product||Edible Oil|
Demand and supply Dynamics: Soyabeans is found in many local government area in Niger State especial Lapai in Lapai local government area of Niger state.
The demand for soymilk is now on the increase because of it richness in protein as well being veritable substitute for concentrated cow milk. It is now found on break fast tables in most homes in Nigeria.
Plant capacity/: 5 million litres of soyamilk and 14,37.5MT of soya flour per annum.
|Raw materials for soya beans milk production||N||000|
|Soyabeans (1,250MT at N34/kg)||42,500.00|
|Sugar (143MT at N100/kg)||14,300.00|
|Flavouring, stabilizing & colouring agents (QS)||300.00|
|Salt ID MT at N30/kg||1,500.00|
Quantity – 1403
Quality – Good
Cost – 58,600.00
Sources -Local Imported
Soya Milk Production process
The production process of soya milk and soya flour is summarised below.
- Harvested soya beans are mechanically cleaned, sorted and sorted in 50kg bags or silos at 12% moisture content.
- The beans are washed in tanks to removed dirt, stones, dust, weevils, etc they are then soaked in running water at room temperature for 4-5 hours to absorb water.
- Mix soaked beans with hot water (near boiling) at an approximate ratio of 2:8 before grinding
- Filter the slurry using stainless steel cloth
- Heat the extracted milk with the added sugar, flavour, salt and stabilizing agents in a formulation tank with agitators.
- Sterilize formulated milk for a few seconds in a plate type heat exchange and chill rapidly.
- Pack the processed milk in 1 litre polyethylene bottles or polishes.
- Finally, dry the residue, mill and pack as soya flour.
Machinery and Equipment for soya milk production business
They are washer, sacking tank, Grinding, centrifugal filter, Agitator tanks, pumps, plate type heat exchanger, filling machine, Dryer, Most of these equipment are available locally.
Production capacity:- 5 million litres of soya milk and 14,37.5 MT of soya flour per annum.
Sources:- Local and Imported
Spare parts Requirement:
Types: – Depend on the types of machine
Cost:- Not determined
Number of people Required – 17
Skilled – 2
Unskilled – 8
Sources: – Local
In-plant – yes
Out plant – yes
Both – yes
|Fuel (steam etc)||780.00|
|Telecommunication – Available|
|Transport – Available|
|Preliminary Financial Analysis|
|Cost of fixed Assets (Investment)||N||000|
|Furniture & fittings||250.00|
|Machinery and Equipment||3,000.00|
|Preliminary & the operation Expense||62.00|
|Contingencies – 10%||626.00|
Working capital (3 months)
|Salaries and wages||503.00|
|Total capital (Investment)||22,401.00|
|Estimates turnover per annum||N||000|
|(5 million litres of soya milk||100,000.00|
|1437.5MT of soya flour at N30/Kg||43,125.00|
|: 0.75% of the preceding cost||467.00|
|SOURCE: RMRDC, ABUJA 2003.|