2022 federal income tax brackets
|Tax rate||Taxable income bracket|
|22%||$41,776 to $89,075|
|24%||$89,076 to $170,050|
|32%||$170,051 to $215,950|
|35%||$215,951 to $539,900|
Can you get child tax credits if born in 2021?
Yes. A child’s eligibility is based on their age on December 31, 2021. For any dependent child who is born or adopted in 2021 or who was not claimed on your 2020 return, you are eligible to receive a Child Tax Credit.
How can I get a large tax refund?
Maximize your tax refund in 2021 with these strategies:
- Properly claim children, friends or relatives you’re supporting.
- Don’t take the standard deduction if you can itemize.
- Deduct charitable contributions, even if you don’t itemize.
- Claim the recovery rebate if you missed a stimulus payment.
How can I maximize my tax refund?
5 Hidden Ways to Boost Your Tax Refund: Rethink Your Filing Status (Part 1)
- Rethink your filing status.
- Embrace tax deductions.
- Maximize your IRA and HSA contributions.
- Remember, timing can boost your tax refund.
- Become tax credit savvy.